Monday, March 12, 2012

Limitations

   What do you do when the brick wall you battle is  your God -given limitations?
    Today a small section of my backyard became engulfed in smoke(a small brush fire started by hot ashes from a coal stove) and I found myself  at home alone with no help at that moment.. I knew in my mind what I needed to do and how to progress to that goal but finding my body didn't move as fast as I need it to move.
     All I can say is I prayed earnestly during those 45 minutes that God would provide a hedge of protection around my yard and my dad's bees so that the ashes could be put out.  I felt confined by my body the whole time I was trying undo the water hose and pull it and making sure it didn't get twisted so that the ashes could be extinguished. In those moments, I wanted to be free of the metal apparatus that I have to wear every day, to run quickly and efficiently, to have no limitations.
      Yet in my spiritual life, I have allow the burdens of life to chain me down and not allow Jesus to carry those burdens for me. In the same sense, I want to be free and have no limitations but do not let go and take his yoke to find rest for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment